Friday 22 April 2011

INTERVIEW..

As you know, guys today I'm interviewing the  very lovely Lily Graison.  Iv only read 2 of Lilys books but I  fell in love with them straight away. Im sure you guys will as well.  I cant wait to get my hands on her other books and see if there as good as these 2 books were...

 LILY GRAISON resides in North Carolina, a stones throw away from the Blue Ridge Mountains and a few hours from pristine beaches. Writing since 2002, her debut novel won a Reviewers Choice award and since then, Lily has made the bestsellers list on various sites numerous times. Writing mainly in the contemporary romance genre, Lily also dabbles in erotica, paranormal and occasionally in a fantasy realm of her own making. Her love of adventure, and a very active imagination, takes Lily to worlds she can only imagine.



 SATIN-  Well Lily as you know I'm a big fan and i know other girls who are as well. But can you tell us a little about your self  for those people who don't know who you are.


LILY-  With pleasure! I’m Lily Graison, obviously, and I’ve been writing since 2002. I’m a life-long native of North Carolina and married my high school sweetheart ‘almost’ 25 years ago. We have 2 grown children and 2 grandchildren, one of which is a ‘special needs’ child. They’re both a handful and I wouldn’t trade them for the world!


SATIN-Ok this is going to be a long one, lol.. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer, what was the very first idea you came up with for a story...did it take long for you to get your first book published

LILY-   I’ve always dabbled at writing but never took it seriously. In 2002, I found fanfiction and fell in love with it! I started playing with my own stories based off a television show and posted them online for free. What I found was…I couldn’t write my way out of a paper bag! LOL The reviews were brutal but I took each one and applied what people were telling me to clean up my stories. I penned a total of 12 novels/short stories before a friend suggested I try my hand at original fiction. I started Destined Hearts then but stalled half way through and started another.

Three years after writing my first full length novel, Linden Bay Romance published, A Touch of Heaven, a contemporary romance about a high school nerd turned exotic dancer and the girl who stole his heart and finally sees him for the man he is, not who her friends think him to be. That debut novel won the 2005 Reviewers Choice Award at eCata Romance and is still my biggest seller! Destined Hearts was dusted off and finished and published in 2007 and both of my Holiday romance books were a Fictionwise.Com site-wide #1 bestseller! I have 10 published novels to date and a list of others to be written. I hope to eventually get to them all!

SATIN- I know most of us have days where our brains don’t work right, some more then others *cough* *me* *cough.* And I’m sure it’s the same for you sometimes, so do you ever experience writer’s block, and what do you do to pull yourself out of it....


LILY-   Writer’s block is horrible! I’ve been victim to it more times than I can count. Usually, when I stall, its because I’ve taken a story down a path that just will not work. I’ve found my characters want their story told their way, not mine, so I have to step back…think about it for a few days and delete previous sections. Once I venture down a different road, the block usually passes. I experienced this with The Gathering. I was blocked for almost two months when I got to the final fight at the end of the book. I wrote, deleted, and re-wrote that ‘park’ scene a total of six times before finally getting it right. It was worth the trouble, though. The fight scenes turned out great and I’m quite happy with it!

SATIN-   I was wondering if you could tell me what catches your attention when you’re not writing, how do you spend your free time. Do you have things you like doing by yourself or with your family.


LILY-   I’m an avid reader. I devour books when I have the time to read them. I’m the type of reader who cannot put a book down. I read them all in one sitting so on reading days, I usually have nothing else planned.

I’m also active in a local historical group with my family and I make/sew 1800’s period dresses. Think….Gone With the Wind and you’ll get the idea. Making the dresses isn’t nearly as fun as wearing them, though! You can check them out on my website and see me in my get up. Hoop skirts and corsets are an adventure in itself. The link to my ‘Hobby’ page is located on my Bio page.


SATIN-  Do you have to travel loads with your job, is there any where that you haven’t gone yet that you would just love to go....and can you take me with you lol.


LILY-   I haven’t had to travel yet but someday I’m hoping the opportunity will arise! Most of my books take place in fictional towns so the research is non-existent. I would love to travel, though. Scotland and Greece have always been on my Bucket List so maybe one day! And you can most definitely come along! The more the merrier, I say.


SATIN-   Now I’ve read The Calling and The Gathering and I loved them both loads. You kept me on the edge of my seat with both. My favorite character has to be the very sexy Garrett. I must say this guy is what every guy should be, dark and hot but all so has a caring side.. wow *fans self*. Any time you want to re-write the story and write me in Rayna’s place, feel free *wink*. lol...Now what I’d like to know is, who is your favorite character and why.. And how did you come up with them... 



LILY-   Garrett is a sexy beast, isn’t he? LOL He’s the first shifter I’ve ever written and will always hold a special place in my heart but I’ve found as I wrote these books that those characters who were more mysterious peeked my interest the most. Sabriel, the 300-year-old vampire who Rayna described as looking like a pirate, has whispered inside my head since Book 1. It’s why he showed up in Book 2. He has a story to tell and he wanted to make sure I knew it. Bryce is another of those quiet characters who snuck up on me. His past is very intriguing. He ‘chose’ to be infected by a werewolf and finding out why and how has me curious! And then there’s Jacob. The man trapped in a boy’s body. Since the werewolves don’t age as humans do, this man still looks like a young boy when he obviously isn’t. I think he has a story to tell as well. We’ll just have to wait and see!


SATIN-  Now I’m really hoping there’s going to be more of these books, Because I loved them so much. Where do you see these books going, Do you have a set number of books in mind or are you  going to see how far you can take it.


LILY-   My initial goal when I started the series was to bring these ‘creatures’ into the light, so to speak. Imagine waking up to find that werewolves, vampires, demons and witches were real? How would society react? How would those same creatures live amongst humans when for centuries they were nothing but food to them? That’s the underlying story arc for the series. I wanted to explore the world from the preternatural’s side of things. How they dealt with integrating into normal society. I think it’ll be an interesting ride!

At this point, I have 2 more novels planned but one never knows what will work and what doesn’t, so I try to never get ahead of myself. Bryce’s story will be next, followed by Sabriel’s. After that, we’ll just have  to see who whispers to me the loudest!


SATIN-  Ok I’m going to give you a random question now because I’m a random kind of person..lol....now a lot of paranormal books have some kind of supernatural person/thing in them.....so here goes...if you were a supernatural character what would you be and why..lol...


LILY- Wow…I’ve never thought of that! Interesting question. LOL hmmm…..
I’d probably say, a shifter. Not that going furry once a month is preferable but I enjoy the sunlight too much to live my life in darkness. Shifters have the ability to blend in and stay hidden where most vampires don’t. I just think it would be easier to adapt to being a shifter. Besides, don’t most vampires sleep in coffins? I’m too claustrophobic for that! LOL


SATIN- Now I’d like to thank you again for doing this, I’m very grateful because I’m all ready a really big fan and I can’t wait to hear more from you. Before we end the interview is there anything you would like to say to the fans out there.

LILY-  Thank you for having me! It’s been a lot of fun. I hope those of you who pick up my Night Breeds series will enjoy the unique take on my paranormal world and like it as much as I do!
I know most of your readers are paranormal fans but if you want sexy men, check out my Wicked Series! The stories are about a rock band and the 4 guys who make up the band Get a Little Wicked every chance they can! These books are marked erotica so, read with caution!
Thank you again for having me. It’s been a pleasure talking with you and your readers. Come see me at http://lilygraison.com or search for me on Facebook. I’m there daily, procrastinating!

Thanks again, Sue!!
Lily Graison
Contemporary/Paranormal Romance
http://lilygraison.com

Paranormal Romance Stories
The Calling - Night Breeds Book 1
The Gathering - Night Breeds Book 2

Contemporary Romance Stories
The Wicked Series - 4 book series
Destined Hearts
A Touch of Heaven

Holiday Stories
That First Christmas
Blame It on The Mistletoe



               




10 comments:

  1. Great Interview Sue!!! Thanks for sharing Lily, and I'm with Sue - your Night Breed sereis Rocks!! However, I'm more a Fang girl than a Fur girl. *wink* Sabriel!!! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, ok so i get garrett and you get sabriel...lol...cool love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview Sue! I have The Calling on my to-read shelf, I think because of your review actually. I can't wait to read it, it looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sarah it is really good chick....im telling you , you will love it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the interview! Can't wait to get my hand on The Calling.

    This is my second time to type this....I am having technical issues. Well not really I am having Dee issues ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for stopping by Dee...
    make sure you read this book coz you will so enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Post!!! I uber loves it, and I so want to read these books.

    Seeing as how I just finished Backsatge Pass alst week the Wicked series looks super yummy. That and I have a serious weakness for wolfy's. Oh brother what to read next? LOLZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. great interview :) I've got the Calling and The Gathering on my tbr from your rec last week :) Now i'm bumping them up on the list

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you girls, im telling you , ya will love these books, and i so want to read her other books.....im gonna have to get my hands on them.

    ReplyDelete