Tuesday 17 April 2012

REVIEW!!!

Title:Lover Revealed
Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)Author: J R Ward
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood.






Description:
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly war raging between vampires and their slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Now, an ally of the Black Dagger Brotherhood will face the challenge of his life and the evil of the ages. Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. And if he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers. But fate curses him with the very thing he wants. When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead, he's found by a miracle, and the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him.




Review:


Butch starts out his life with the brothers as just a normal human, he falls for Marissa and is desperate to be with her and will do anything to get his way. Butch  has wanted more responsibility from the brother for a while and one night he is out on his own and he trys to help a civilian vampire and all goes wrong for him. Two lessers take him away and he ends up having to face the Omega. who does the dirty on Butch and puts a bit of himself into him and leave him for dead.  Along comes Vishous, (my guy in the brotherhood *wink*). who find him and takes him to be treated. and who comes to help treat him, Marissa.

 While Marissa is looking after him the two struggle with there emotions and decide to give things ago. But before to long the fact that Butch is still human gets in the way and Marissa has to look else where to be fed. This doesn't sit to well with Butch but lucky for him some information from his past might be able to be the man his girl needs. It turns out Butch is half vampire and only needs help bringing that side out of him which means the couple will be able to live the lives they want.


Well I have to say I really liked this book, in fact there hasn't been a book in this series I haven't liked. I love Butch and I'm glad he was able to over come his problems and get the girl he so desperately wanted. Marissa wasn't my favourite leading Lady's, but I enjoyed reading about her overcoming her past and problems and learning to stand on her own two feet. This made me like her a little bit more then I did. I loved the way JR Ward made Butch out to be a bit of a loaner and kind of a drunken mess who got stronger and overcome who he was to be a stronger person.

 I'm gonna have to talk about this because another thing in this book that I don't think iv read anywhere else and I so loved so much was the bromance that went on between my guy Vishous and Butch. The two just worked so well and it was a bit of a shock with Butch being human for half the book but the two worked so well together. It did hint that my guy Vishous did have stronger feeling then Butch and could of very easily of gone down a different road. Which can I be truthful and say I kinda wish it had but that means my guy wouldn't of got his own book and I couldn't have that lol. If you read the other books in this series pick up this book and give this one a try. and if you haven't read this series then why not. you so need two.  there is a hunk hero for everyone in this series *wink*






RATING OF 5 LIPS



No comments:

Post a Comment