Saturday 16 May 2015

REVIEW: MY DEMONIC GHOST BY JACINTA MARREE


My Demonic Ghost (My Demonic Ghost, #1)Rachael has traveled to Whitehaven to visit her father, a trek she can not help but dread given his recent descent into madness. Upon her arrival she realizes his deterioration has not only been mental, it’s been physical as well. His death comes as no surprise, but what she discovers soon after, is shocking when his burden becomes hers. 

Lock is a banished spirit who must attach himself to a human host in order to hide from those who would drag him back to hell to be destroyed. When he meets Rachael he finds more than a host, he finds an ally. 

Together they must defeat each of the seven sins in order to guarantee Lock's safe passage into the Third Realm, a loophole in creation that would allow him to escape hell and have peace at long last. Through their unlikely friendship, other banished spirits flock to them in hopes of a peace they hadn't dreamt possible



Review

In this book we meet Rachel, a 15 year old girl who has been separated from her father. one day she has to go visit him but when she gets there she doesn't like what she finds. 

Lock a Banished soul who has to cling on to the living so he doesn't get taken away. comes across Rachel when she comes to visit his host. the pair grow close as they attempt to  say other Banished souls. 

Its Hard for the pair to trust each other but they put there distrust aside and put them selves in danger trying to find a way to reach there goal.

I don't want to tell you much of the story line because I really don't want to spoil it for you. Its not the normal kind of book I would go for but I seen the covers and I was instantly hook. I ordered my copy straight away.  Because its not my normal kind of book and because id spent about a month reading a different series it took me a few pages to get into this book but I pushed through the block and I'm really happy I did. I was drawn into a totally different world and it was fun and action packed and I have to say maybe a little scary at times as I rode along with Rachel and Lock into the spirit world. As I found out  more about Lock and the life he had lived before he passed my heart broke for him. I really just wanted to give him a great big hug and never let get, somehow make all the wrongs right. I think this is why I was a little disappointed with the end because it really didn't end how I hoped it would but my fingers are crossed that in the next book  this will be corrected lol.  Please keep in mind this is just my view and what I would of liked BUT!!! I can see why the author ended it this way. 

This book is extremely well written and once I got into it I couldn't put it down. I don't think iv ever read a book with this kind of story line and it was a refreshing change to have something new and not just another copy of another series. I'm now going to have to buy the next book in the series because I cant wait to see what happens next. 

REALLY PLEASED I READ THIS BOOK!!!


RATING OF 5 LIPS.

















2 comments:

  1. Thank you SOOO much, I am beyond words! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome. I need to go back and spell check again lol. but the book was amazing. xx

      Delete